I recently learned that a new airplay-compatible speaker appeared in the U.S. Apple stores called Libratone Live. The description/design provoked my curiosity and the tech specs looked engaging as well. To be honest, I have not heard of Libratone company before and could not find too many reviews about this particular speaker. The only sane thing left to do was to hop over to the closest Apple store and get one of the speakers for myself. So, I did…
My video demonstration below will visualize everything I’m about to say here but for those in love with text, I will briefly summarize my experiences:
- Really awesome design: great materials, italian kashmir wool, chrome handle and just a good look/feel.
- Supports airplay, so will work with iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad etc; also provides a mini-jack/digital input.
- Provides an iOS app to control some of speaker’s acoustic parameters, such as the room type and the style of music (more on Libratone’s web site).
- Very crisp sound: juicy (not exaggerated) bass, bright mid and high frequencies.
- Interesting speaker configuration with tweeters pointing toward the back (45 degrees to the left and right).
- Woofer and mid-range speakers are on the front.
- Provides 360-degree stereo sound the demo will explain more).
- Has no built-in battery; requires AC adapter at all times.
- For more specs and pics see Libratone’s web site.
But before you head off to explore what Libratone has to say, check out my own
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyk-x5BqQRs) and judge for yourself!
Oh, and did I mention that Libratone’s email support is awesome? So far all my questions have been answered promptly.
I am really curious to see what you will think of the speaker and whether you decide to own one. I am still making up my mind as I write this! 🙂