Tips and tricks on Recycling guitar stringsFri, 03/04/2011 - 22:51 — Victor
Those of us who play guitar on a regular basis have probably thrown away a ton of strings throughout the years. I know I did but never stopped to think about whether and how they could or could not be recycled. Well, turns out people have found many creative ways to reuse or recycle guitar strings.
Guitar String Bracelet
Instructables.com shows how with a bit of wire bending and some creativity you could end up with some good-looking jewelry pieces made of guitar strings. The Guitar String Bracelet article explains in more detail.
Speaking of bracelets, there is an ongoing charity project where famous musicians, like Carlos Santana, Keith Richards, Ziggy Marley, Eric Clapton, Bob Weir and many others, donate their used strings towards good causes. Read more about Bracelets for Charity project here.
Guitar String FlowersWow, I was amazed when I found this on Etsy:
Yep, with a great deal of time and effort to bring out the most beautiful musically-inspired piece of art. Great for any music lover, perfect for anyone looking for a fun and unique decoration.These flowers seem to be out of stock but you still may want to check out the pics and perhaps even request a custom bouquet out of your strings? See Guitar String Flowers on Etsy for more info.
Some more advice
- How can I reuse or recycle guitar strings?
- Green Strings
- No Strings Attached: How to Reuse Your Guitar Strings
Let's keep the planet clean!
Recent blog posts
- Reading the sound: listening to a song is like leafing through the book
- Libratone Zipp, Another Hit For Airplay Speaker Lovers
- Using Flipboard on the iPad
- Nexus 7 Accessibility: Where Are We?
- Cakewalk Sonar, JSonar and me: a podcast from ViewPoints
- Libratone Live speaker, why you should not pass by it
- YoruFukurou, the Twitter client you may want to check out!
- How Flickr Teachers Users about Shortcut Keys
- Lest We Forget How Fragile We Are
- Inception The App: Experience Augmented Dreams